Monday 15 August 2011

Thing 11: Mentoring

Currently I don't have a mentor. At least not officially. There are one or two people at work who I suppose could be described as mentors in an unofficial capacity (not sure what they'd think of this fact but still). My line manager who has supported me and given me advice during the last two years is perhaps the most prominent of these. He's encouraged me to pursue any training that can help me in my career, whether or not it's of direct use to my day to day job and has been a sounding board when I want an opinion on something.

Officially I'd like to find a Welsh speaking mentor outside the National Library in order to pursue my Chartership whether or not I'll manage this is another thing. There don't seem to be many Welsh speaking mentord in the world. Can't understand it myself!

0 comments: