Wednesday 6 July 2011

Thing 4 - Current Awareness - Twitter, RSS and Pushnote

Hmm... Thing 4 seems to be a bit of a tricky one. I'm trying to understand/get the hang of all three of these mediums.

Twitter - I'm managing OK with Twitter, though until recently I had only a handful of followers due to everything being in lockdown. My Twitter is still in lockdown but I'm following more people some of which have been kind enough to follow me back. So now I have a grand total of 32 followers and I follow 86 people. The majority of which I've added in the last couple of weeks since I've started cpd23.

RSS - Well, I've signed up to Google Reader and am attempting to get a hang of it... I've added some random blogs that I like the look of, news and jobs. I'm still experimenting with this but to be honest I think I'd rather go to the blogs themselves in most cases as you don't get the various backgrounds etc that make the blogs personal to the blogger with Google Reader. For jobs I love it as then I can star the jobs I like the look of and I don't end up looking at the same jobs over and over. We'll see if it grows on me given time.

Pushnote - I really don't get this. None of my friends have it. Although I did find a couple of my new Twitter people from cpd23 on it. But so far I'm not fussed. We'll see whether or not this changes given time...

0 comments: